White Cap Data Steward - Data Governance in Virtual, Georgia
A position at White Cap isn’t your ordinary job. You’ll work in an exciting and diverse environment, meet interesting people, and have a variety of career opportunities.
The White Cap family is committed to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being deeply knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable, and our associates are the driving force behind this commitment.
Responsible for all master data within the Semarchy Data Management tool by coordinating the organization's quality, security, and maintenance of data. Ensures sufficient data quality is maintained to effectively support the business and business processes. Assist with creating requirements for changes to master data models as well as maintain data integrity within the MDM tool. Ensures compliance within the data governance policies to resolve data quality requests and issues and will work in a highly collaborative manner with several departments across the company.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
• Recommends changes to improve process efficiencies, ensures timely and professional communication to users, management, and senior leadership with repetitive issues. Interfaces with cross-functional teams to validate adherence to master data policies and communicate non-adherence where appropriate.
• Analyzes data and process issues as raised by the business, Information Technology (IT), self-found and department found, assess the impact, and create/execute action plans as needed. Utilize analytical skills to identify trends (utilize excel to perform analysis).
• Evaluates and identifies gaps between the current state and future state data models and creates data remediation plans. Performs validation and corrections via audit reports to ensure standardization daily.
• Drives the development of a data roadmap for the identified domain, working with business, Business Intelligence (BI), IT, and Data Management teams. Serves as a subject matter expert on the data management processes for their specific domain of data and be knowledgeable about the business processes while leveraging the data.
• Documents business rules and other metadata for the domain and support the creation of data quality monitoring based on this. Develops standard procedures, user guides and other necessary training and job aid materials, along with provide training as needed.
• Leads cultural change for data management and governance functions by implementing enterprise strategies, policies, and standards within their assigned domains. Collaborates with internal and external customers to ensure proper execution of data model.
Nature and Scope
Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to the expected results. Determines and develops an approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5-8 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
100% Remote working Eastern or Central time zone hours.
5+ years in data governance/reporting/management (purchasing, supply chain, product management, or logistics experience is preferred).
3-5 years’ experience analyzing data.
60% functional 40% technical.
Strong business and economic thinking.
If you’re looking to play a role in building America, consider one of our open opportunities. We can’t wait to meet you.
Functional Area Information Technology
Recruiter Haynes, Steven
Req ID WCJR-017296
White Cap is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.