White Cap Service Technician II in Shannon, Mississippi
A position at White Cap isn’t your ordinary job. You’ll work in an exciting and diverse environment, meet interesting people, and have a variety of career opportunities.
The White Cap family is committed to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being deeply knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable, and our associates are the driving force behind this commitment.
Job Description / Qualifications
Responsible for preventative maintenance of construction equipment including repairing and installing construction equipment to manufacturing and customer requirements.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
• Inspects and conducts customer and warranty repairs including documenting with pictures or information. Records information about parts, materials or repair procedures.
• Conducts inspections for preventive maintenance and repairs.
• Performs inspections on new construction equipment from the manufacturers.
• Installs Salesman kits on new and used construction equipment.
• Inspects trade-in units to prepare for sale.
• Diagnoses and repairs electrical systems, hydraulic systems, diesel and gasoline engines.
• Determines and selects critical parts needed for estimates and repairs.
• Works with diagnostic tools and laptops to diagnose repairs.
Nature and Scope
Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
No travel required.
Education and Experience
HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Prefer Vocational or Technical training.
If you’re looking to play a role in building America, consider one of our open opportunities. We can’t wait to meet you.
Functional Area Sales
Recruiter Lanaro, Gabriela
Req ID WCJR-014988
White Cap is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.