White Cap Senior Field Service Technician - $2500 Sign-On Bonus!!! - Williams Equipment and Supply, a division of White Cap in Richland, Mississippi
A position at White Cap isn’t your ordinary job. You’ll work in an exciting and diverse environment, meet interesting people, and have a variety of career opportunities.
The White Cap family is committed to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being deeply knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable, and our associates are the driving force behind this commitment.
Job Description / Qualifications
Sign-On Bnonus to be paid out 90 days after start.
Responsible for complex preventative maintenance of construction equipment in the field/on-site including repairing and installing construction equipment to manufacturing and customer requirements.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
• Conducts and inspects construction equipment for preventive maintenance and complex repairs needed at customer locations.
• Diagnoses and repairs complex electrical systems, complex hydraulic systems, and complex diesel and gasoline engines.
• Inspects and conducts complex customer and warranty repairs including documenting with pictures or information. Records information about parts, materials or repair procedures.
• Installs Salesman kits on new and used construction equipment.
• Determines and selects critical parts needed for estimates and repairs.
• Performs inspections on new construction equipment from the manufacturers.
• Inspects trade-in units to prepare for sale.
Nature and Scope
Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
No travel required.
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in some areas. Generally 5-7 years of experience in a related area of responsibility.
- Prefer vocational or technical school.
If you’re looking to play a role in building America, consider one of our open opportunities. We can’t wait to meet you.
Functional Area Sales
Recruiter McKenzie, Nicole
Req ID WCJR-006317
White Cap is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.