White Cap Lead Service Technician in Jonesboro, Arkansas
A position at White Cap isn’t your ordinary job. You’ll work in an exciting and diverse environment, meet interesting people, and have a variety of career opportunities.
The White Cap family is committed to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being deeply knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable, and our associates are the driving force behind this commitment.
Job Description / Qualifications
Responsible for supporting Service Technicians by assigning work orders, training, job monitoring, and quality control measures. Responsible for training new hires, continuing education, workflow management, and driving efficiency as well as quality.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
• Assists Service Supervisor with supervising Service Technicians, job scheduling, and assignments to Service Technicians.
• Trains Service Technicians to develop necessary skills in order to reach optimal efficiency and quality work.
• Assists Service Technicians with troubleshooting repairs through use of diagnostic tools and special tooling. Ensures proper care, storage, and inventory of special tools.
• Implements and maintains a high standard of workmanship and quality through system checks and quality inspections after repairs are completed.
• Tracks progress of each assigned job throughout the day to ensure on-track timing for repair completion and optimal efficiency.
• Understands, communicates, and emphasizes compliance with all manufacturer warranty policies and procedures.
• Monitors shop condition, including cleanliness, safety, and the condition of the shop equipment. Works with Service Supervisor and reports needs or problems that require attention.
• Assists Service Supervisor in recruiting, hiring, training, and motivating qualified personnel.
Nature and Scope
Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
No travel required.
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in some areas. Generally 7+ years of experience in area of responsibility.
- Prefer mechanical, people management, time management, organizational skills, training, and leadership experience.
If you’re looking to play a role in building America, consider one of our open opportunities. We can’t wait to meet you.
Functional Area Sales
Recruiter Lanaro, Gabriela
Req ID WCJR-013004
White Cap is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.