White Cap Parts Counter Sales Associate - Williams Equipment and Supply, a division of White Cap in Jackson, Tennessee
A position at White Cap isn’t your ordinary job. You’ll work in an exciting and diverse environment, meet interesting people, and have a variety of career opportunities.
The White Cap family is committed to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being deeply knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable, and our associates are the driving force behind this commitment.
Job Description / Qualifications
Responsible for assisting equipment customers in supplying the correct parts needed to maintain and repair equipment. Serves to bolster our relationship with customers from a product support standpoint.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
• Processes orders, quotes prices, and enters orders into the system and provides other information to the customers.
• Pulls orders as required and processes items for outbound shipments.
• Ensures cleanliness of parts stockroom and warehouse.
• Ensures merchandise displays are stocked and clean.
• Performs inventory control functions including, receiving inventory, bin locating, and cycle counts.
• Demonstrates knowledge of products and their applications (provides technical advice, troubleshoots, and helps resolve customers’ problems).
Nature and Scope
Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
• Knowledge of compact construction equipment
• Parts sales experience
• Heavy customer service experience
• Mechanical aptitude
• Advanced computer literacy
• Proficient multitasker
• Excellent customer service
• Strong problem solving skills
If you’re looking to play a role in building America, consider one of our open opportunities. We can’t wait to meet you.
Functional Area Sales
Recruiter McKenzie, Nicole
Req ID WCJR-006036
White Cap is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.