White Cap Manager, Dispatch in Houston, Texas
A position at White Cap isn’t your ordinary job. You’ll work in an exciting and diverse environment, meet interesting people, and have a variety of career opportunities.
The White Cap family is committed to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being deeply knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable, and our associates are the driving force behind this commitment.
Responsible for managing branch delivery operations and personnel to maximize service and efficiency.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
• Manages, recruits, and hires all Delivery Drivers and Dispatchers.
• Ensures delivery trucks are loaded and operated in compliance with all safety standards.
• Ensures Drivers are routed effectively to meet planned and unplanned delivery commitments.
• Ensures vehicle fleet is properly maintained.
• Minimizes turn-around times through direct supervision of Drivers and Expeditors.
• Works with Warehouse Manager to ensure seamless integration of Delivery and Warehouse operations and proper inventory controls.
• Works closely with Inside Sales and Account Managers to resolve delivery issues, reroute trucks and make unplanned vendor pickups.
• Develops and maintains expert knowledge of the branch delivery area geography.
Nature and Scope
Solutions require analysis and investigation.
Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors, such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about. Occasionally there may be a requirement to stoop or lift light material or equipment (typically less than 8 pounds).
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
• Prior supervisory experience
• Local delivery driver experience
• Ability to keep track of multiple delivery vehicles in a dynamic environment.
If you’re looking to play a role in building America, consider one of our open opportunities. We can’t wait to meet you.
Functional Area Logistics
Recruiter Lanaro, Gabriela
Req ID WCJR-012912
White Cap is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.