White Cap Warehouse Supervisor in Beltsville, Maryland
A position at White Cap isn’t your ordinary job. You’ll work in an exciting and diverse environment, meet interesting people, and have a variety of career opportunities.
The White Cap family is committed to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being deeply knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable, and our associates are the driving force behind this commitment.
Manage designated areas of Warehouse Operation, oversee functional areas, and perform manager’s duties as assigned. Responsible for consistent application of SOPs (Standard Operating Policies) and associate administration in the facility.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
• Trains staff to ensure attainment of department performance goals
• Manages and ensures successful achievement of performance goals of assigned functional areas.
• Controls warehouse expenses.
• Ensures compliance with all personnel policies.
• Ensures a safe working environment for all associates including surveying facility for repair and maintenance items, promoting and managing safety programs; ensuring policy adherence for worker’s compensation and general liability issues.
• Ensures the Asset Protection and Hazmat programs are enforced.
• Opens and closes the distribution center, authorizes refunds, and handles customer problems.
• May act as manager and performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
Problems are typically difficult and/or high impact. Troubleshoots complex support or operational problems for junior level associates.
Under limited supervision, independently resolves issues and applies a variety of methods to develop customized solutions. May lead the daily operations of a department or team. Work typically involves infrequent review of output by a supervisor or direct customers of the process.
Assists with supervisory duties but does not have hiring/firing authority. Trains, delegates tasks, and reviews the work of junior level associates.
Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
Technical certification or associate degree may be required in some areas. Generally 7+ years of experience in area of responsibility.
If you’re looking to play a role in building America, consider one of our open opportunities. We can’t wait to meet you.
Functional Area Field Operations
Recruiter Galbreath, Janna
Req ID WCJR-017372
White Cap is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.