White Cap Driver Associate - DOT Compliant in Austin, Texas
A position at White Cap isn’t your ordinary job. You’ll work in an exciting and diverse environment, meet interesting people, and have a variety of career opportunities.
The White Cap family is committed to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being deeply knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable, and our associates are the driving force behind this commitment.
Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in loading, unloading, order pulling, shipping, returns, forklift, fabrication, counter and delivering product (when needed) to customers. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle greater than 10,001 GVW but less than 26,001 GBW and such operation may be done during the course of the average work week. If selected for this position, the company will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report and a standard 5 panel drug test. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report and negative drug test results.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
• Completes tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, fabrication and transportation of goods. May be required to carry heavy merchandise up and down stairs while using body straps and/or furniture dolly for merchandise 50-300 pounds.
• Checks items against purchase orders and packing slips and reports shortages, damages, and other discrepancies.
• Files orders for delivery; places supplies and equipment in proper storage.
• Operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
• Drive company vehicles, on occasion to pick up incoming stock or deliver materials to designated locations. Serve as an emergency driver when needed for backup. (Non-CDL)
• Performs required inspection of vehicle and supplies to ensure road safety.
• Prepares and maintains records in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
• Valid Driver’s License from State of Residence
• Knowledge of warehouse procedures, requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, and delivery documents.
Must have or obtain Medical Card
If you’re looking to play a role in building America, consider one of our open opportunities. We can’t wait to meet you.
Functional Area Logistics
Recruiter Strickland, Dysha
Req ID WCJR-017664
White Cap is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.